Environmental and Sustainability Policy
The earth's environment is under sever stress from uncontrolled human activity, threatening the survival of our society and the performance of Innovative Medical Supplies' mission.
Innovative Medical Supplies accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations - in its own practice, as a participant in a community of practice, and as a participant in the global social discourse.
Innovative Medical Supplies aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts with this policy and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff, volunteers and users at all levels.
Innovative Medical Supplies is committed not only to comply with applicable law in all of its operations but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of robust and documented systems to implement, measure, monitor and disseminate excellent environmental performance both within its operations and to the broader community.
This environmental sustainability policy aims to integrate a philosophy of sustainable development into all the organisation's activities and to establish and promote sound environmental practice in our operations.
Innovative Medical Supplies commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through
- Providing a safe and healthful workplace
- Having and environmental sustainable aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling
- Using, in our own operations, processes that do not adversely affect the environment
- Ensuring the responsible use of energy throughout the organisation
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding
- Taking steps to improve environmental performance continually
- Conducting rigorous audits, evaluations and self assessments of the implementation of this policy
- Working with suppliers who promote sound environmental practices
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, volunteers and users - educating and motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner